Proving your case in a truck accident is often a time-consuming and difficult process. As your legal representatives, we develop your case through the process of accident investigations, evidence collection and pre-trial discovery motions to be certain we have all of the facts to make your case.
The assistance of an experienced attorney matters in a personal injury lawsuit because there are a number of issues that make it difficult to determine fault on the part of a careless driver. Insurance companies and lawyers for the trucking company and the driver typically do their best to limit damage awards and work to get cases dismissed.
Additionally, there may be fault on the part of a trucking manufacturer or workers responsible for loading the vehicle. This is why you need a lawyer who knows how to navigate the complex legal and technical concerns that accompany truck accident claims.
Truck accidents are often particularly devastating due to the nature of a victim’s injuries. These are some of the injuries you may suffer as the result of an accident:
• Traumatic brain damage
• Spinal cord injury
• Back and neck injuries
• Internal injuries
• Broken bones
• Cuts and lacerations
• Amputations or disfigurement
Many of these are life-altering traumas that limit a person’s ability to function normally. This is why our San Diego Truck Accident Lawyers work to get the proper compensation for existing and long-term health issues for our clients.
Drivers can be found legally negligent for a number of actions while operating a semi-truck and causing an accident. Here are some specific concerns:
• A driver was under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
• A driver was distracted by texting, talking on the phone, or watching something on their phone.
• A driver was speeding or driving too fast given the weather conditions.
• A driver failed to obey federal or state regulations about drive times and rest periods.
• A driver did not observe rules of the road or safety measures consistent with operating a semi-truck.
All of these are serious issues that can result in harm to other motorists.
The scope of damages a person can claim in a personal injury suit are broad. Here are four common areas where victims can recover monetary awards:
1. Medical bills: These expenses can be far-ranging and include hospitalization, physical rehabilitation therapies, medical equipment, in-home care, and ongoing medical needs.
2. Pain and Suffering: This is usually associated with mental or physical distress as a result of accident trauma or injury. The legal determination is based on the seriousness of pain, the prognosis for future suffering, and the potential loss of well-being and life enjoyment for the victim.
3. Lost wages: This is a legal consideration regarding the victim's capability to work and the future capacity to earn a living.
4. Loss of quality of life: This involves looking at a person’s ability to carry on normal activities of daily living as well as the possibility to have a fulfilling life. Many serious injuries limit a victim’s ability to engage in typical life functions, so individuals can seek damages for these losses.
An accident with a semi-truck is often a debilitating event that has far-reaching effects on every area of your life. We are here to defend your rights and see that you receive fair compensation for damages
At Zentz & Zentz, we provide a comprehensive and experienced legal approach to personal injury cases. We represent people in all types of cases and work to get our clients the full amount of monetary awards allowed by law for their injuries and ongoing pain and suffering.
If you have been injured in a truck accident, time is essential to file your case and protect your rights. Contact us
online today to get a free case evaluation or call (702) 800-3190